Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Smokey Flavored Slow Cooked BBQ Ribs

This is a great recipe for delicious BBQ Ribs recipe.  I received it from my sister Tara and I am not to sure where the recipe came from.  I used this recipe the first time I ever made ribs and I had to call my mom immediately and tell her my ribs turned out better than hers! That is a tough task to beat because my mom makes pretty awesome ribs.  Who am I kidding I come from a long line of good cooks.  Anyway here is the recipe.   I would LOVE any feedback you have on my recipes.



3 1/2 LBS pork loin back ribs ( I only used a little over 2)
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 t pepper
3 T liquid smoke
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 t salt
1 medium onion
1/2 C cola
1 1/2 C BBQ sauce (I used sweet baby rays sweet and spicy)
1.  Spray inside of 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2.  Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt; rub mixture into ribs.  Cut ribs into about 4 inch pieces;Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker.  Pour cola over ribs.
3.  Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-9 hours or until ribs are tender.(i had mine in for a total time of  7.5 hours and they were delish!)  Remove ribs from cooker.  Drain liquid from cooker and discard.
4.  Pour BBQ sauce into shallow bowl.  Dip ribs into sauce.  Place them back into cooker.  Pour remaining sauce over ribs.  Cover and cook on low for another hour.

Enjoy!

No comments: