Monday, February 6, 2012

Sweet and Savory Crepes

I spent most of my weekend cooking and I decided why not carry that on into Sunday morning. There is a restaurant called crepe crave just down the street from my condo in which I love to frequent for a sweet or savory crepe.  I figured that it couldn't be so hard to make crepes they look easy enough and that is just what I did. I made my very first crepe on Sunday Morning (Super Sunday none the less).  I was so pleased on how they turned out that I think I am going to try savory crepes next weekend.

Below you will find the crepe recipe that was adapted from "Our Best Bites-Mormon Mom's in the Kitchen". I love that cook book!

Ingredients:

1 Cup Flour
2 TBSP Canola Oil
2 Eggs
3 TBSP Sugar (Omit if you are making savory crepes)

Heat a skillet. Once skillet is warm hold it in one hand and pour mix with other swirling the skillet until you have a thin layer of crepe mix all around it. Flip crepe to cook the other side and add whatever ingredients you would like. I used nutella, strawberries and bananas. I also mixed peanut butter, nutella and banana's and called it a Monkey Crepe. Once you have ingredients added you can fold crepe.

Another suggestion for a savory crepe is my favorite. Scrambled eggs, sun dried tomatoes,spinach and feta cheese. Served with a greek yogurt sauce. YUM.

Enjoy because these are delicious!

No comments: