Monday, February 6, 2012

Touchdown Taco Dip

Superbowl Sunday and I had no idea what to make. My go to is usually taco dip that my mom taught me to make back when I was younger, which is always a hit at any party.  I decided I would make that but maybe spice it up a little bit more.

Turns out it was a hit and I will probably make it again. Here is what you need:

1 16oz container of sour cream (I use reduced fat)
1 8 oz package cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
1 packet taco seasoning (I usually use ortega)
1 container fresh guacamole (you can also make your own, I bought a container the store had freshly made you can also use wholy guacamole brand)
1 Can Hormel vegetarian chili (you can use meat if you would prefer)
1 Can refried beans
1 can sliced black olives
6 sliced green onions
Shredded colby jack cheese
Chopped tomatoes
Shredded lettuce
Sliced jalapenos (optional)

Directions:
In a bowl combine sour cream, cream cheese (easier if it's softer) and taco seasoning mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
Meawhile, in a 13 x 10 pyrex glass cook wear or any 13 x 10 pan (you can also buy disposable aluminum ones from the store) layer beans,chili,guacamole and sour cream, cream cheese, taco seasoning mixture. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, olive, and jalapenos (optional) and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

This is a super simple and delicious dip!


No comments: