Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lil' Cheddar Meatloaf

This recipe I received from my sister Nicole.  It works for someone who is cooking for themselves because it's individual meatloaves in which you can make all 6 and freeze the leftovers and pull them out as you please! It's also perfect for a family or if you are cooking for a couple of friends.  I've made this for my roommates and my friends they all loved it.  My roommate who was not a meatloaf eater loved it so much she asked me to share the recipe...That is when you know it's good!



Lil' Cheddar Meatloaf

Ingredients:
1 egg
3/4 C milk (I don't use full 3/4 Cup I check consistency first.  I usually use ground Turkey which seems a little wetter than beef)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 
1/2 cup Quaker Cooking Oats (not instant)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 tsp salt
1 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
Sauce:
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard (I use spicy brown mustard, I'm not a fan of dijon)
Preparing it.
Preheat oven to 350. In bowl, beat the egg and milk.  Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt. Add beef and mix well.  Shape into 6 "mini" loaves and place in a greased 9 x 13" baking dish. Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spoon over loaves. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. 
If freeze cover with wax paper and then plastic or aluminum foil.  Thaw and cook like usual. Make extra sauce to place over the frozen loaves.
Enjoy!

No comments: