Sunday, November 6, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

A lot of my recipe's I receive from my sisters Nicole and Tara.  They are wonderful cooks and since they both have a family they cook often, so when they make something and they love it they pass the recipe onto me.  
I love cooking so much but sometimes it's hard to cook for one person.  I made this shrimp scampi that my sister Tara sent me for my friends and it was a crowd pleaser.  I need to make sure I give credit where credit is due..Thanks sisters for sharing your recipes with your little sis.  If you are a shrimp lover you will enjoy this greatly.
 If you are using my recipes I would definitely LOVE any sort of feedback.  Whether if you liked it or hated it or even deviated from it.  I love making things better!


Shrimp Scampi



3-4 clove garlic minced
1/4 C. butter cubed
1/4 C. olive oil
1lb uncooked medium shrimp deveined and peeled (I use a pound of fresh shrimp from the seafood stand at the store)
1/4 C. white wine 
Dash of Lemon Juice (fresh squeezed from a lemon) 
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t dried oregeno
1/4 C dry Italian bread crumbs
1/4 C fresh parsley 
1/2 C grated parmesan cheese

Angle Hair Pasta
In a 10 inch skillet, saute garlic, butter, olive oil until tender.  then add shrimp, lemon juice, wine, pepper and oregano.  Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp is pink.  Transfer ingredients to a oven safe pan sprinkle top of shrimp w/ parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.  Broil 6 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes.

Boil water while sautéing ingredients for Angel Hair Pasta. 

Serve Shrimp Scampi over the Angel Hair Pasta and enjoy!

No comments: